For Parker's 9th birthday, we celebrated with a Facebook Live Stream Party, presents, a fundraiser for Morris Animal Foundation's Golden Retriever Lifetime Study (GRLS), and CAKE!
The cake was undoubtedly a hit. Here is the much requested recipe for Parker's 9th Birthday GRLS cake!
Parker's Peanut Butter Pup-Cake
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup oil
1 mashed banana
1/3 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cake or muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix peanut butter, oil, banana, and honey with a mixer. Beat in egg, flour, baking soda, and baking powder until combined.
3. Pour mix into cake pan or evenly into cupcake tins.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
5. Frost with mashed potatoes.